Our client an established Professional Service Company is looking for a Senior accountant who will be responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger including journal entries and account reconciliation and analysis of activity by performing the following duties.
• Post and reconcile daily cash activities.
• Responsible for month end journal entries including fixed assets, accruals, and other expense items.
• Assist in month end, year-end close, audits.
• Prepare variances that operating management will use to explain performance.
• Research and resolve various accounting and reporting issues/questions that arises at any levels.
• Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by Corporate Controller and further improve the quality of information collected in the month end closing.
• Reconcile and managing of trial balance accounts monthly.
• Assist Controller researching and developing the yearly budget and forecasts.
• Work with Corporate Controller and other users to leverage SAP. Strive to use SAP rather than working out of the system.
• Perform financial analysis of potential projects, purchases and studies, including pricing and costing.
• Work with the team to manage external audit requirements.
• Government filing, annual reports, census.
· 2-4 years of general accounting experience.
· Strong skills, converting data into meaningful information and analysis.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Business focused on quality internal customer service.
• Demonstrated ability for analytical, self-starter, energetic, personable, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Developing, documenting, and maintain processes policies and controls.
• Strong organizational and negotiation skills.
• Manufacturing/ Distribution experience desirable, in a small to medium size company.
Education and Experience
· A Minimum of BS/BA degree in finance/accounting/business a plus.
• accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
Posted: Nov 15, 2019